Tuesday, May 29, 2012

doTERRA oils for Sparkler Burns! Ouchie! Owie Spray!

My Great Great Grandfather Heber J Grant
 located in Salt Lake City Cemetery
This past weekend my family had a beautiful time celebrating our ancestors who have gone before us. We visited cemeteries, cleared and cleaned headstones, and told stories of rememberance to our children. We tried to teach our children not to walk on the headstones or run their toy dump trucks over the stones.... oops!
One of my favorite memories was my brother convincing my grandmother to lie down on the grass by her headstone to see if she would "fit". I loved her sense of humor.

I had the most amazing conversation with a deaf couple in the cemetary trying to use what sign language skills I had. It was amazing we were able to have a conversation. -- Signing Time dvds do work!
Yesterday, after our BBQ celebration we let the kids light sparklers and after the fire burns out they oftentimes forget that those metal sticks are still hot. Yes, hot enough to burn.

My little 4 year old burned her hand quite badly. I think before doTERRA I would have just put her finger in water and given her a little ice. How wonderful was it to have Lavender, Geranium, and Melaleuca to alternate on her wound. Along with "owie spray" (Lavender and Melaleuca in FCO).

Her favorite to sooth the painful blister was Geranium.

2 comments:

  1. Owie! Good to know about the Geranium - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. I laughed out loud at the "Signing Time DVDs work!" line. Great tip on the owie spray!

    ReplyDelete